Monday, June 6, 2011

The first week is always the hardest...besides all the other weeks

Week one:  check.

I learned very quickly that there is a difference between being “in shape” and being “in Shaun-T shape.”  The former involves jogging on Sunday afternoons and going for hour-long bike rides. The latter involves a jumbo-sized bottle of ibuprofen and trouble getting out of chairs.

Luckily I’m writing this while sitting down. I’m not looking forward to standing up.

Insanity includes a lot more squats and jumps than I was expecting.  My new goal is to be able to dunk by the end of summer. Ok, maybe I’ll only be able to dunk a volleyball – but I’m going to throw it down like Phil Dalhausser.
Below are the results from my first fit test. Every other week we do a fit test to track progression (which may become a digression if – as I suspect based on my level of soreness – my muscles begin deteriorating like the Nazi’s faces at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark).  We can only hope I’ll be so lucky.

Move
Fit Test 1
Switch Kicks
Power Jacks
47
Power Knees
84
Power Jumps
35
Globe Jumps
6
Suicide Jumps
19
Push-Up Jacks
35
Low Plank Oblique
43







I like you but you’re crazy,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment