Sunday, July 3, 2011

Breathing and Other Drama

Now that we’re in the fourth week, we’ve watched each video 5 or 6 times.  Each time I watch one, I pick up on something new.  For instance, when Shaun T. goes over to Adriana, the script follows as such:

Shaun T:  How you doin’, Adriana?
Adriana (out of breath): Good!
Shaun T:  Looking good! Keep breathing!
Adriana:  Yeah! Breathing!

It reminds me of the movie John Tucker Must Die – not that I’ve ever seen John Tucker Must Die and if I have it’s solely because of Brittany Snow and NOT because of Jesse Metcalfe or his big, dreamy eyes.  There’s a scene where Brittany Snow gets nervous talking to Jesse Metcalfe (rightfully so, see aforementioned dreamy eyes)  and she says, “I was just breathing. I breathe a lot…”

The first time I listened to the dialogue between Shaun T. and Adriana, I just thought she was tired.  After watching the video 6 times and needing something to motivate me to do 400,000 squats, I developed the following theory.

Shaun T. and Tonia are getting it on. He goes out of his way to compliment her; they are always the first to hug after workouts; she is in every video.  They are getting it on.  The conflict arises when Shaun T. walks right past Tonia to check on Adriana and they start flirting – as much as two people can flirt while doing power squats. Tonia is not happy.

Two things happen for the rest of the video.  1) Tonia visibly does every exercise faster and 2) Shaun T. tries his best to redeem himself by complimenting Tonia every exercise.

As sad as it is, I’m excited to start month two not to take my level of insanity up a notch, but because I want to see how this drama plays out!  Will Shaun T. and Adriana “dig deeper”? Will Tonia be dispatched to the hinterlands in the back of the gym?  Will Tonia be driven to true insanity and belt kick Adriana in the face?  IN THE FAAACCE!

To be continued.

I like you, but you’re crazy.
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment