Friday, July 8, 2011

Well, I have finally reached the level of insanity at which I can comfortably join the Asylum and post.

First things first: the first month of Insanity is done, and went fairly well. A lot more plyometrics/jumping that I had realized, but that's not a bad thing -- definitely effective as a workout.

Second things second: the second month of Insanity has commenced. And there is only one word to describe it: insane. Definite step up in both intensity and duration. I do enjoy the format of the workouts: essentially plyometric interval training, often (for example) with sets of 4 x 3-4 minutes (roughly), and a 30 second break in each set. Each 3-4 minute segment is comprised of a variety of different drills (sometimes 4, sometimes closer to 8). The first segment is generally a warm up, but after that it is about working as hard as possible for that "on" time. I think that's really conducive to getting a lot of work in efficiently; also, high intensity interval training is considerably more effective in terms of burning calories than general aerobic training (fact. look it up).

On to more important things. 1) I legitimately would watch John Tucker Must Die just for Brittany Snow. I mean, who doesn't like Meg Pryor? (I swear I only watched American Dreams because my sisters made me.....)

2) I have no doubt Sam is right re: Shaun T. and Tonia. I mean, Tonia's not that good at the workouts, yet he seems to be giving her forced compliments on every set. And she only smiles when he comes to talk to her; she looks angry the rest of the time. There's something going on there. (FWIW: I'm definitively in the Shaundriana camp).

Finally, the insane quote of the day:

"But I don't want to go among the mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Shaun T. "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Shaun T, "or you wouldn't have come here."

No comments:

Post a Comment